Thursday, April 24

A Little note from Haney-Pack
Where packing means carrying Christ to the Nations



PHILIPPINES 2007:

Her name was Kim (with a Spanish “I,” like Keem). She lived in a remote town on the little island of Busuanga, part of the Palawan cluster of islands in the Philippines and a twelve hour boat ride from Puerto Princessa, Palawan. Like some of the Filipinos who attended the small church in Chey (pronounced chew-y) during the time the missionaries where there holding conferences, Kim was there to help out. She wanted to enjoy the free food and did not want to be affected by the meetings; nor did she expect it.
During the first night of meetings, the Holy Spirit fell so strongly that not only were most of the Filipinos either falling out under the power of God or laughing with the Joy of the Lord, but so did most of the missionary team! Not a person was un-effected. That is except Kim.
She was outside preparing a late night snack for everyone when she was drawn in by the laughter and joy lighting up the night air. She peeked in the back church door, and the next thing she knew, several hours later she was staggering and laughing her way out the door on the arms of one of the young missionary women.

My name is Hannah Davis, but my nickname is Haney-Pack as I am always giving out waist-level hugs! I was one of the team my Aunt Debby took to the Philippines last fall. We saw several people healed and delivered while we traveled across the islands and while we ministered at the churches. Though the whole trip was awesome, I was specifically affected by what happened during our week in Chey. Not only did God talk to us and give us new revelations while under the influence of the Holy Spirit, but He used us too! Even in ways we never knew of at the time it occurred!
While we spoke, shared, talked, and enjoyed our time in the meetings, the Lord touched Kim and many others like her! But for Kim, it was extra special. After that first meeting, she shared with us her testimony! During that meeting, though not a word had ever been spoken about or prayed over her concerning her being Lesbian, she was immediately delivered from it! And when we last saw her, she could not stop commenting about how handsome a certain young man looked!
What’s more, the Lord is still moving in that little town. The Lord is anxiously waiting to impart more to His people! Every night since we left that little church, they have been having meetings and God has been there waiting every night! Amazing!

AFRICA 2008:
He was about five years old and his name was Abel (pronounced Ah-bell). He was one of over eighty children at the orphanage in Benin, West Africa; the orphanage Pulcherie ran and the visiting missionary team tried to support. While several of the orphans were adoptable, Abel was not for his mother was still alive, though she resided indefinitely at an asylum for the mentally ill.
Abel had a cute smile and a ready laugh, but mostly he just loved to be held. He was a rambunctious boy and did not like to sit still long, so rather then stay in one person’s arms continuously, he would clamber from one missionary team member to another. And he never stopped smiling!

For the first week in Africa we held two ladies conferences in the morning and afternoons, and went to different churches in the evenings. We saw many people uplifted and delivered of various ailments and diseases; I saw one girl, who as I prayed for her to see, her eyes suddenly lined up and she looked right at me! While another young lady was delivered of a demon when a friend prayed for her!
But, perhaps, one of the most memorable times for me was the second week. It started out with an awesome youth meeting, where the youth on our team—including me—went and each took turns sharing. I had almost nothing to say as I stood up to share, but each time the interpreter finished and I opened my mouth again the next words where there! As a result of all of us allowing God to use us outside of our usual comfort zones, the meeting became a powerful prayer, worship, and time of intercession! We did not get back to our rooms till very, very late! But it had been totally worth it!
Then, for the next several days, we went to the orphanage we are trying to raise support for. While several on our team played and distracted most of the children, the two nurses looked over each child one at a time, and when they were done looking over that child, I prayed for, blessed, and gave him or her a candy. But in between each child, I sat and held one of the younger children and kept a small, enraptured group entertained with little games or tickling. And if I were to choose a favorite, it would have been Abel; he had an incredible smile and beautiful laugh, which I constantly tried to draw out with another tickle!

OVERALL:
In the last year and half I have been blessed with traveling to many places in the US, West Africa, and the Philippines! My dream has always been to be a missionary, travel, and help missionaries. And starting in 2006, that has been exactly what I have been doing! I have been helping and ministering with Fred & Debby Davis as part of DavisMission. It has been awesome to be such a blessing to those we meet and those I live with; albeit, it has been a big stretching, growing, and learning experience as I learn to get along outside of my comfort zone—my bedroom! I have learned much about trusting God in the everyday mission’s life, but I have been enjoying every minute of it too!
With God’s help, all things are possible!
I am expecting to continue in this ministry and traveling to carry God to the nations with my Uncle and Aunt; but I also hope soon to venture out with friends and on my own too! We hope to go to the Philippines again in October, perhaps finally go to somewhere in East Europe next year, and I am also planning on traveling to Honduras with my nurse friends this August.

PRAY:
- Please pray for God’s guidance and continuous direction, as we travel and minister both in the
US and abroad
- The provisions necessary to continue this work,
- And for the orphans in Benin, whom we are trying to raise support for!
As the Lord blesses us, may you also know his blessings “exceedingly abundantly above all that we may ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us” (Eph 3:20)!

Christ's love to y'all,
<>< Hannah Joy

0 comments: