Sunday, May 18

Time Flies...

Oi! It's been a while since I posted anything and a lot, and I mean a LOT, has happened!

MAY 13-14:
There was a leadership conference going on back in Lima at EBI for a few days, and my Uncle Fred wanted to go up and meet with a few people he knew would be there around then. And I had been trying to figure out how and when I could get back up there to see my sister Becky before she left and moved to the YWAM base in Idaho. So together, Fred and I went to Lima Tuesday and Wednesday. Fred stayed with my dad an hung out with whoever it was he went to meet with--something about video bible school's making, etc--and I stayed with my Mom and both sisters.

Of course, they were both working like crazy in the cafeteria of the school, but they did have off a couple hours in the middle of the afternoons, so I made it a point to be around then. Sadly, we only got one picture in of us together, and on the last day, but hey, at least we got one, right? We swapped our missions trips scrapbooks, found out awesome stories about each other's new friends (ones not even posted on blogs, so yeah I've got one over on all y'all! Muahahahaha!)

I did have a blast the whole time I was up there. Got to see a few people I hadn't seen in a while on campus, talked about the awesome things God's been doing in and through my friends and I, handed out a couple newsletters, etc. Ended up talking to my old, and close friend Sister Debby Krueger for longer then originally intended, but who ever regrets about talking with her? And it was such an incredible blessing! Isn't she great? And yes, all you former EBI kids, she's is still up there punching away at her computer and praying for all of us (she still has all our pictures on her same old cork-board!).

Tuesday night I went to the Lilac festival with a friend from my old home church, Christine, and we surprised another friend when we met up there--the second friend didn't know I was going to be in the area! Then Wednesday morning, at one of those unholy hours (I'm a night person, can you tell?), I got up and Christine picked me up before picking up another friend to take her to the airport. So I got to surprise to long-time and dear friends that weekend! And I had a blessed time telling them, also, all the cool stuff been going on with me--and making them a wee bit jealous, apparently...I also got to talk with my pastor's wife, the beloved Jeanie, for about half-hour on the phone as she was just getting back from visiting her new grandchild. Sadly, I didn't get to visit with her, but maybe next time I'm up?!

Wednesday evening, then, I went out with Mom and her fiancée Roy Libby to Ruby Tuesdays. That was a little interesting. It wasn't bad being with them, just different--and for me, too soon--having mom with someone else in her life...For all you who are wondering, they are engaged, and the wedding is set for the end of August with only the kids present. Thankfully, I'll be back from Honduras shortly before that! ...Anyway, back to the meal. During and after the meal, I had a good chat with Roy. About what I'm up to, what God's been doing, and about his two children (who are about 7 years younger then mom!). I'll get to meet them the day of the wedding, so we'll see if they are as great as they sound!

Shortly after that, Fred picked me up and we drove back home to Olean. And it was nice to crash for a little while!

MAY 16-17:
Friday, Deb and I cooked up a storm in preparation for Angie's wedding shower the next day. Then in the evening, the church had its usual bi-weekly coffee house, but I didn't go. Instead I stayed at the house and finished up the cool Jello creation Deb and I were working on for Angie's wedding shower the next day, while dancing and watching the Florida Revival live on God.tv. (It was a great service, as always--can't to go myself!)...Anyway, you should see that Jello thing! Not too many people ate it Saturday, but we had a good turn out and a great time! It was themed of a Luau because their honeymoon is planned for Hawaii...Oh, and the Jello was blue Jello in a wide vase-like thing with gummy fish and other sea creatures in it. Then Dad rigged up a paper boat for on top and put it right next to a large fish I had managed to get stuck in there with his nose out of the water! (if I get a chance to download a pic from my phone, and figure out how to format it differently, maybe I'll add it...with a pic from the Lilac Festival, and one of lovely Angie at her shower!)

MAY 18:
And today, at church, was incredible! I felt God so strongly I had a hard time standing straight. At one time I was bent over my guitar and eventually had to put it down and get on my knees for several minutes! Once again, I'm not sure what God did, but I know every time He is stronger in my life, and that I grow less and less--I care less about what people think now!--He does something! I did feel a stronger tingle in my hands and up my arms while kneeling and speaking in tongues; a sense that I am told, and beginning to believe, is what God does when His healing power in strong on my hands...time will tell what He does with that. And what I do with it! For now, I will try and be more in tune to His directions and begin to see things happen!

That's about all for now, but God bless! And I pray I encourage you to step into what God has for you too!

Christ's love to y'all!
<>< Hannah Joy

0 comments: