Tuesday, November 3

Sunburn

Well, I wrote this in my journal while in the Philippines, figuring when I got back I'd post it. If my sister can talk about her bruised toe, I can talk about a sunburn, eh?!
This is the vehicle that most of the team and all our luggage rode in to go to and from various towns all over Palawan, Philippines. While riding it, sometimes we arranged luggage and other items in the middle so a couple of us could rest along the bench seats. One of our first trips, I was leaning on some luggage while stretched across a bench, with an arm hanging out the window. At some point in time I took my headband off so it wouldn't slide off my head and lose it, and I wrapped it around my arm. Then I fell asleep. Without paying attention to which arm was hanging out, or even the fact that I was sleeping on the side of the vehicle the sun was shining in. Here is the result:

0 comments: