Thursday, March 17

A Day of Errands

Well I had a productive day.

Yesterday, between the txt-ing and the phone calls, my video editing got delayed rather late and for a bit I was beginning to wonder if I was going to get everything done! I even managed to eat dinner in the middle of my editing; thats how late one video was running! And I did most of my laundry in the middle of all that too! In the end, thought, I did managed to get everything done I wanted to! But when I finally crawled into bed after packing the last of my one suitcase, I looked at the clock and groaned: 3am! An hour past my bed time! So much for making it all fit!

Today, I got up (running a bit late, although early in the morning, after only a few hours of sleep--which is not me!) but managed to get everything figured out and done before Mom showed up for our date. We hit Green Acres and had French Toast under long conversations! In fact, we were there chatting for so long that when the place started to fill up, I glanced at the clock and realized it was Noon and we should probably clear out so they can have our spot! Then we ran to Big Lots to see if there was anything there I needed to grab (but for a better deal) before we ran to Walmart; I found a small thing of Rice Milk that would do for the next couple days, but a better price, for instance. Then at Walmart, I ended up txt-ing back and forth with Deb-in-Africa quit a bit before we finally figured out and grabbed that thing she wanted me to grab for a friend over there (which I'll fit in one of the suitcases later). Then we hit the drive-through for a quick lunch snack at Taco Bell, which I ate while Mom made some phone calls from the house phone. Then she drove me to the Library quick and dropped me off, so I could run a couple more errands...and we parted. So sad! But it was such a great day! (it was about 3pm then and she had to head back up to Buffalo to meet some people for dinner)...I managed to get my errands done, make a couple phone calls too, and then I found myself falling asleep back at my laptop, so a quick late-afternoon nap.

Sometime tonight or tomorrow night I need to finish up the near-last (separate from my very last)of my packing. Otherwise, I think I had a rather productive couple of days...Oh, I have a date with a fantastic friend tomorrow morning, so it'll probably be another few-hour-night of sleep, but I don't have much left to do before leaving so between the evenings and Saturday, anything left should be easy to finish up...with time to twiddle my thumbs inbetween as well!

Oh, but what I have really been dying to sit down and say all day is this: IT'S BEAUTIFUL OUT! I'm so happy! To wake up this morning and hear something that sounded like a faint version of our doorbell and then to realize it was the birds outside, was just too awesome! It might be a bit muddy, but who cares about that? SPRING IS HERE! Mom and I both ended up taking off our jackets and leaving them in the car after our brunch-date while we did our running around, and then I left it at home when I did my Library and bank errands later! I love birds. Sunshine. Warm weather! Who could complain about a day like this? (aside from Deb, who likes things freezing?!) IT'S BEAUTIFUL OUT!

0 comments: