Saturday, May 10

Burning Bush...

I fell asleep last night watching the rerun of the Florida Revival on the Internet (I had watched it live, already, I just wanted something decent to rest in God's presence to for a bit). Next thing I knew, I had fallen asleep (which I almost never do to any noise at night!) and then I was waking up to Misty Edwards live from the IHOP prayer room. I do not remember what she was singing, or what all was being said--I know it was incredible--but in my half-awake stupor I caught the words about a flame, or a fire, or something on that line. Suddenly I broke out in a cry in my heart, and though I never fully woke up, I prayed earnestly and fell back asleep with this cry on my lips (copied from my journal & heart).

Why do I copy it for y'all to read? So you may be witness to it. To hold me in prayer, and to know what the Father is doing in my life! And, perhaps, to be a witness and encouragement to you too! For what we desperately cry out for, what we earnestly seek, that we shall find! "seek, and ye shall find..." Let us find it together!


Father,

I don't want to just
bring Your fire, I want to be Your fire! I want to be consumed! I want to be a burning bush to the nations! I don't want to just sit on the side-lines and watch, I want to be! Be You, in the flesh, again! Be Your fire! Be Your peace! Be Your bush, a burning, unquenchable, all-consuming bush!

I am desperate! I'm not content where I am! I want more, much more! But not just for a short time; continuously over-abundance of You! To be consumed, filled to forever overflow!

May I not only have the boldness, as in Ephesians, to come before You, but may it overflow to my approach to others! I have an unrefined bluntness, but I believe it is a gift from You which, as I said, is unrefined or immature! CHANGE that! Use me, Father! Make me bold for You!


A burning bush in the desert of other's lives! Consume me! So all the junk within will be nothing--less, even, then ashes--and all I have for You will be to bring glory to You as it shines brighter!

BURN ME! Set ME ablaze!

BURN ME! Make me
be Your burning bush, forever

BURN ME! ablaze in Your presence and to Your honor!

Your desperate daughter,
<>< Hannah Joy

0 comments: