Wednesday, July 22

Michelle-Time...

I had a great time with Michelle! We mostly stayed in Monday, but Tuesday I took her for a walk to show her half of the city (what I could easily walk to).

Somehow, despite all the times she had been here, she had "experienced it while remaining innocent of the knowledge of it!" LOL! In other words, while she has driven in and out of the city, and been to Tim Hortons and Wal-Mart, she had only ever been driven there or directed there. Didn't know it for herself. So I took her on a walk to the mall and back (next time I'll have to have Deb take her in the big loop across from the mall and around by Wal-Mart and back so she can understand the rest of the city and not just follow directions).

Then we went to the Chef's Bistro! What a cute place! It had the feel of being an up-scale Greek restaurant mixed with the simplicity of a Starbucks (you could sit and study or surf the internet, if ya wanted). It was sweet and comfortable (almost homey) while having the modern deco of a suave place I'd likely see on one of Deb's favorite traveling/cooking channels. They had several different orders with humus, seafood, salads, and Fred's favorite: a gyro! I don't remember what Michelle had, but I had the chef's salad with a couple wraps (forget it's actual title, sorry); we followed that with a couple real Cappuccino's, and topped it with two nice-size pieces of their Snickers Cheesecake...And I, of course, had plenty of leftover from both the meal & desert to take home and snack on tomorrow!

Afterward, Michelle & I drove to the movie theater and watched The Proposal! I'd seen it before, but I had no problem seeing it again; it's that good!

Sadly, she had to leave early this morning so she could go to work tonight; but hey, I think two great days with such a great friend will undoubtedly carry me till the next time we meet again! And I couldn't have asked for a better two days either! It wasn't even too cold for the walking either (not like it has been thus far, Odd July! Oi!); thanks God!

And Thanks Michelle! Have a safe trip home, and may you be a blessing at work!

0 comments: