Saturday, August 1

25th Anniversary...& Sunshine

Well we had a great day Sunday. Church, followed by a little coffee break with goodies, and then we had Guy & Cheri's 25th Anniversary. It was one of those vow-renewal services set up just like a simple wedding, followed by a cake and reception. And it was formal, so I finally got to wear my banquet dress I picked up at the Philippines in 2006! Check out the photo album over on the right for all the awesome pictures!

Today is a rarity, this summer, and supposedly is 80° outside. It really only felt like it was that hot when the sun wasn't hiding behind the scattered clouds -- the breeze was too cool, me thinks! But being such a beautiful -- and rare -- day, I took one of those lawn chairs with a footrest and stuck it out back in the hot sun and that's where you can find me now! I've brought my laptop too, but the sun is so bright that I'm thinking I'll eventually just set it aside and just lay in the sun. I've been trying not to lose that wonderful tan I got in the Outerbanks (OBX, photo album to right) a couple months ago, but with it as rainy as it has been it's been hard to get outside much this year! Anyway, that's what I'm doing now: enjoying such a wonderful gut day!

After I've been out here for over an hour or so, I'll go inside and get cleaned up; Emily is coming over and we're heading over to another friend's house to eat and fellowship as the Act's disciples seemed to do...Can't wait!

0 comments: