Thursday, September 23

Birthday Surprise


So last night before church, Deb asked me if I wanted to get up this morning and join her for a little time at Tim Horton's after she dropped off the girls at school. It sounded good, and I knew she was planning to leave about noon with her friends to go to a conference she's doing in OH, so I said sure. I'd get up for a cute date-breakfast like that.
So, this morning I got up, threw something on and went with her to drop of the girls at school. Then we hit Walmart. I noticed the little gift-bag she had with her in the van and thought maybe she was thinking of having a little private birthday party for me since she wasn't going to be around tomorrow. But when we left Walmart and started driving towards Tim Horton's she detoured and went to Perkins instead, insisting she'd changed her mind. We met her mom, Grandma Ada, in the parking lot and I still figured we might be having a little private get-together, breakfast date as we've had various and random times before. Yet when we walked in, Deb kept walking and we walked right to a table were Ange, my Dad, and his new wife Merrilee were waiting!
It had two birthday balloons floating above the center of the table, making it seem all festive and ready and well prepared. After we sat down, Grandma & Grandpa Davis came and joined us. It was a lot bigger of an event then I thought, and a surprise to me!
Happy Birthday, self!

0 comments: