Thursday, September 16

Packages

So we did a quick run to Walmart & Joann's and on the way, we stopped by the post office. My package, which my sister had e-mailed me about, was finally here! So as we were driving to Walmart, I'm sitting there struggling with the package; someone is taking after Aunt Theresa with the tape! I could not rip the tape off, or cut it; some places it was about three stripes of masking tape thick, and without scissors, in the end I just had to find the ends and keep unraveling! I was going to send an e-mail out when I got home and rag about the use of tape, when it suddenly occurred to me that the same e-mail letting me know my gift was in the mail had also stated that I wasn't supposed to open it till my birthday. But by then the tape was half-hanging of the package, who can leave something half-way?! So between Walmart and Joann's I finished opening it, deciding I was going to still rag my sister about the tape and joke that I didn't really know what I was talking about since I was still sitting here looking at a brown package-box. Sadly, when I opened the package, I found the gift inside wrapped in lime green wrapping paper, rolled in bubble-wrap. So while I'm not sitting here staring at a brown package, I am sitting here staring at a lime-green present and trying to decide if I should open it and just not tell till my birthday? Or maybe, at the least, I could sneak a peak at the card?
8 DAYS AND COUNTING till my birthday. We shall see how long the package and/or card makes it!

Love ya, girls!
<>< HJ

0 comments: